Laser pointers are great tools for use in Astronomy for educational purposes, however the use of laser pointers requires us to comply with legal and safety obligations during their use.
If you wish to use Laser Pointers as part of your Start Gayzers Membership:
- Regular Laser Safety Training courses at held at Star Gayzers Monthly Meetings (required attendance)
- This FREE Training Guide is required to complete the Star Gayzers - Laser Safety Training Certification.
- Return a copy of the signed Member Agreement & Certification Application form to: LSO (at) stargayzers.org or to the club president at any Star Gayzers Event.
- On approval of your application: your membership will be endorsed as Laser Certified.
NOTICE:You MUST provide your:
- FULL LEGAL NAME
- Any Previous Names
- CURRENT RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS
- DATE OF BIRTH
which MAY be provided to Queensland Police for background checks (if required).
Terms & Conditions:
- Members agree to abide by the Star Gayzers Laser Pointer Policy.
- The use of Laser pointers by members at non Star Gayzers Events is at the sole responsibility of the member.
Any unlawful activity conducted by the member shall not reflect upon Star Gayzers Inc.
- Members using laser pointers must comply with the directions given by law enforcement agencies at all times.
- Members MUST carry their membership card whilst using laser pointers.
- You agree that your Membership details may be provided to Queensland Police for background checks, if required.
Locating your Existing Membership Number:
Please include your Existing Membership Number in your order.
You can find your Membership Number:
- On your old membership card
- On the back of your name badge
- On your membership certificate
- Contacting the membership registrar via our Contact Us page
|File Type||PDF Document|
|NOTICE||Laser Pointers are considered weapons under Section 67 of the Queensland Government Weapons Act 1990.|
|Requirement: 1||You MUST be a CURRENT FINANCIAL MEMBER of Star Gayzers to qualify for Laser Certification.|
|Requirement: 2||You MUST provide your CURRENT RESIDENTIAL Address which MAY be provided to Queensland Police for background checks (if required).|
Star Gayzers - Laser Safety Training Guide
- Product Code: LSTG
- Availability: In Stock